Sunday 11 May 2014

A wet and windy weekend

What a horrible weekend for weather, cold, wet and windy, not much chance of any adventures for Dave. However did manage to get a few more accessories that I had been looking at.

I've been using a Thule hang-on towbar mounted bike carrier for a number of years, it's starting to show it's age a bit and is a bit of a pain strapping the bikes on securely, not to mention having to fit a trailer board each time for the lights. I was thinking about treating myself to another Thule but this time a 'sit on' type carrier.

While checking out that well known auction site I came across a Mont Blanc 2 bike carrier, it looked nice and sturdy, tilt mechanism and lights built in. Managed to win the auction for less than £60, when I collected it I managed to find the model number and it is an Explorer 2, it's an obsolete model now but originally retailed at over £320, bit of a result as it's in as new condition.

Looks good too.







When Dave was ordered Dacia offered the option of a Touring Pack which included a central arm rest, boot luggage net, floor mats and roof bars, cost £245. I knew I wasn't going to use the arm rest (very small and flimsy and got in the way), the luggage net was very small and the floor mats could be bought at a fraction of the cost.

Once again I turned to the DaciaForumUK and there was a discussion about the Lidl roof bars and how many of the members had bought them for their Dusters and Stepways. However as with many deals in Lidl they weren't always in stock and you have to wait for them to reappear as a special offer, well they appeared again last week, so I popped along and pick up a set....£26.99 and they are locking too, now that's a bargain.


No comments:

Post a Comment