Wednesday 11 January 2017

New tyres

So this morning I took him to get a pair of tyres, I always use Blackcircles for my tyres and get them fitted by my local company Kidlinton Tyre & Exhaust. Previously I have fitted Goodyear EfficientGrip as fitted as OE.


I did some calculations on my tyre wear, I replaced my first set of fronts at 30,000 miles and rotated news onto the rear, old rears onto the front, those tyres then gave another 10,000 miles before being changed and rotated. That first pair was replaced today at 55,000 miles.

However when the tyres came off today they did point out that there was probably another 5,000 miles before I hit the Tread Wear Indicator (TWI), which is now set at 2mm.

I remember also that the tyre had a different shoulder shape to the OE tyres which were far squarer, maybe the change of design has reduced the total mileage.

This time however I decided to try a pair of Yokohama BluEarth-A AE50, mainly because they were going to cost £10 less.








No comments:

Post a Comment