Tuesday 13 October 2015

Dave gets some new boots

Having worked in the tyre industry for many years I know the importance of having as much tread as possible, particularly with the approach of winter and the heavy rain, yeah I know, in England we get the rain all year around.

Those of you that have read my blog from the beginning will know that at the first service Dave had to have his tracking adjusted and they swapped the fronts and rears around. I'd also developed a slow puncture on the off side rear, which has needed weekly top ups of a couple of psi.

With all that in mind I decided it was time to replace the rears and rotate them with the fronts, I checked the depth and they were on 3mm, some would say that's too early and I've thrown away a few thousand miles motoring but at 3mm the water displacement is reduced substantially, the fronts that are now on the back have around 4.5mm so I'd expect another 10,000 off of those. In case you didn't know the rear wear on a front wheel drive car is very slow.

For many years I've purchased my tyres through Blackcircles.com who not only offer some amazing prices, but also bonus 'clubcard' points that have financial value. You can also have them fitted at a choice of local tyre fitting centres, I chose Kidlington Tyre and Exhaust who over the years have provided me with excellent quality service on both MOTs and tyre fitting.

I ordered a pair of Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance which costed less than £110 fitted, I've been so happy with them as they were fitted as original equipment and covered over 30,000 miles, I have noticed however that they have changed the design slightly and they don't have such high side wall edges and therefore look less rugged than they used to.




No comments:

Post a Comment